One of the most important values I hold dear is the ability to adapt to changing conditions around me. And paramount to that is having access to the right tools and materials to figure myself out of any binds.
In this video, join me for a tour of my truck/dogs' second home/office-away-from-the-office, as I show how I outfit the rig for anything the world might throw at me while I'm underway.
The centerpiece for this tour is a use case for our traditional (small size) Dopp Kit. While it does a great job holding your toothbrush, deodorant and razor when you travel, I have also found its size to be perfect for the Center Console Kit ... aka The MacGuvyer Kit.
The MacGuyver Kit is thoughtfully constructed to help me solve problems - for when I'm on the go and need to do work, fix things, or even do a little parenting.
Here's a non-exhaustive list of the things in mine:
- Strong zip ties, banded together with cool bendy thing.
- Sharp nail clippers.
- Quality clear tape
- Gaffers tape
- A pencil and a Bic Click ballpoint pen
- 2 black sharpies - wrapped with a few rubber bands.
- Pad of Post-it notes - the super sticky kind
- Binder clips - multi purposeful for organizing paper or holding broken things together temporarily
- Glue stick - in combo with a classic Bic lighter and you have a makeshift glue gun
- Small tape measure
- Velcro tabs
- A basic headlamp
- A small multitool - Shown here is the Leatherman Squirt PS4
- Waxed Canvas pouch for bandaids, ointment, safety pins and the like
- Needle and thread